About Me

Hello! My name is Rhonda and I am married to a wonderful man, Michael. I can say he is truly my best friend. We were married on April 12, 2008. He has a son (my step-son), Josh who is 15 years old. We are blessed with such wonderful family and friends. We created this blog so that we could post activities and pictures about us. We look forward to sharing these things with you. We had a sweet baby girl, Ella Kate, on June 19, 2012.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

35 & 36 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:  35 & 36 weeks
     
What’s developing:   Ella Kate is supposed to be weighing about 6 pounds this week (like the average crenshaw melon) and should be more than 18.5 inches long from the top of her head to her heels. She should be packing on the pounds one ounce at a time.  She is shedding her downy hair that covers most of her body, as well as the vernix caseosa (a waxy substance that protects the skin during the nine month bath in amniotic fluid).  She swallows these substances and they form the tar-like black substance called meconium that she passes in her first bowel movements.  

Size of baby:  Ella Kate should weigh about the same as the average crenshaw melon.


Total Weight Gain/Loss:   LOTS and LOTS of fluid!!!

Clothes:   Maternity jeans/capris/shorts and maternity tops.   Still in my regular scrubs pants (moved up one size), but all wearing maternity tops.

Gender:  It's a GIRL!!!

Movement: She's an active little thing, she continues to move all the time and now I can see my entire belly move when she decides to be very active.  She is very active in the evening. I can definitely tell when she has the hiccups too. 

Sleep: Waking up about twice per night to use the bathroom.  It is getting harder to get comfortable too.

What I miss:  Jersey Mikes subs

Cravings:  The usual... chocolate milk. 
                 
            
Symptoms:  I have had lots and lots of swelling of my feet, legs, and hands. My BP has been somewhat elevated and had protein in my urine lately when I have been to the OB.
Coming up this week:  Due to my swelling and protein in my urine, the midwife would like me to see the doctor twice weekly to keep a close check on little Ms. Ella.  I will be going on Monday's for my routine OB checks and on Thursday's for a non-stress test and ultrasound.  

So, I actually went for one week on this schedule  and had some labs done that showed that I definitely had preeclampsia.  (I knew I hadn't been feeling well at all)  On Thursday, June 14th we had an ultrasound and Ella is definitely "frank breech".  After seeing Dr. Avery, he decided since I was having issues with preeclampsia and she was breech he set me up for a C-section for Thursday, June 21st at 11:30.

We went back to Greenville OB on Monday, June 18th to see Dr. Haskins and after she saw me, the non-stress test, and ultrasound, it was decided to move up my C-section to TOMORROW, TUESDAY, JUNE 19th at 7:30am.  

REALITY HAD JUST SET IT IN... It was happening, we were having a baby in less than 24 hours.  :-)  I was excited and nervous all at the same time.  


PIC IS FROM THE SATURDAY (JUNE 16th) BEFORE SHE WAS BORN...






STAY TUNED FOR ELLA'S BIRTHDAY!!!!  


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me 
~Phil. 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment