About Me

Hello! My name is Rhonda and I am married to a wonderful man, Michael. I can say he is truly my best friend. We were married on April 12, 2008. He has a son (my step-son), Josh who is 15 years old. We are blessed with such wonderful family and friends. We created this blog so that we could post activities and pictures about us. We look forward to sharing these things with you. We had a sweet baby girl, Ella Kate, on June 19, 2012.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

32 Weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:  32 weeks
     
What’s developing:   Ella Kate is supposed to be weighing about 3.75 pounds this week (like a large jicama, a sweet root that looks like a turnip) and measures over 16.7 inches from the top of her head to her heels.  She is taking a lot of space in my uterus.  I should be gaining about 1 pound per week and roughly half of that goes to her.  She will gain 1/3 to 1/2 of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.  

She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least some peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Size of baby:  Ella Kate should weigh about the same a large jicama, a sweet root that looks like a turnip.  



Total Weight Gain/Loss:   I weighed this morning and according to my scale here at home I haven't gained any since my last OB appointment?!?!  We will see on Tuesday when I go back for a routine check.

Clothes:   Maternity jeans/capris/shorts and maternity tops.   Still in my regular scrubs pants (moved up one size), but all wearing maternity tops.

Gender:  It's a GIRL!!!

Movement: She's an active little thing, she continues to move all the time and now I can see my entire belly move when she decides to be very active.  

Sleep: Waking up about twice per night to use the bathroom.

What I miss:  Jersey Mikes subs

Cravings:  Chocolate milk of course!!! :)
            
Symptoms:  Still having occasional heartburn, but is usually relieved by Tums.  Both feet are swelling daily.  They aren't really going back down to normal at night either.  I am trying to keep them propped as much as I can.  Blood pressure  was good and urine had no protein at last OB appointment so I am good right now the midwife says.  

Coming up this week:  Routine OB appointment Tuesday (starting 2 week checks this week).



I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me 
~Phil. 4:13

1 comment:

  1. Love this everything about this...the blog, the picture, Ella Kate, and You!! Pam

    ReplyDelete