About Me

Hello! My name is Rhonda and I am married to a wonderful man, Michael. I can say he is truly my best friend. We were married on April 12, 2008. He has a son (my step-son), Josh who is 15 years old. We are blessed with such wonderful family and friends. We created this blog so that we could post activities and pictures about us. We look forward to sharing these things with you. We had a sweet baby girl, Ella Kate, on June 19, 2012.

Monday, January 30, 2012

16 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: Baby Strickland is the size of an avocado.

What’s developing:   Baby Strickland measures about 4.5 inches (head to rump) and weighs about 3.5 ounces.  The baby's legs are much more developed.  His or her head is more erect than it has been and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head.  The ears are close to their final position too.   The patterning of the scalp has begun even though hair isn't recognizable yet.  The baby has started to grow toenails.  The heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day.  Over the next couple of weeks the baby will double his or her weight and inches in length.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I weighed this morning and I have gained 3 pounds since my 1st OB appointment on December 6th.

Clothes:   Maternity jeans, but are still able to wear my regular bigger shirts.  Still in my regular scrubs pants, but have bought a few bigger tops!  

Gender:  Will find out Tuesday, February 7th (hopefully, fingers crossed)

Movement: I think I may have felt a little "flutter" earlier today?

Sleep: Still waking up about 2 times per night to use the bathroom.

What I miss:  Jersey Mikes subs

Cravings: Orange Juice still and chocolate milk.

Symptoms:  Have had a few more bouts of nausea since last week.  

Best Moment this week: Only one more week until we hopefully find out the gender and looking forward to getting my hair done tomorrow!  WOO HOO!!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats girlie!! I know you guys are getting excited!! So happy for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea to the us next week and to getting the hair done! Boo to the nausea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....I love this and you! Sorry you're still feeling sick. I craved chocolate milk like crazy. Can't wait for Tuesday (I'll be wearing pink...LOL).

    ReplyDelete