About Me

Hello! My name is Rhonda and I am married to a wonderful man, Michael. I can say he is truly my best friend. We were married on April 12, 2008. He has a son (my step-son), Josh who is 15 years old. We are blessed with such wonderful family and friends. We created this blog so that we could post activities and pictures about us. We look forward to sharing these things with you. We had a sweet baby girl, Ella Kate, on June 19, 2012.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

14 Weeks... beginning of 2nd trimester!!!

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: Baby Strickland is the size of a lemon

What’s developing:   Baby Strickland can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb.  The kidneys are producing urine, which he/she releases into the amniotic fluid (this continues until birth).  Baby Strickland should measure about 3.5 inches and weight about 1.5 ounces.  It is also starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy layer of hair, called lanugo, that covers the body.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Gained just a few pounds total... DIDN' T GAIN ANY THE WHOLE MONTH OF DECEMBER (I guess from the nausea and occasional vomiting)

Clothes:  Had been able to wear my regular jeans until about 1 week ago, have now transitioned to maternity jeans.  Still able to wear my regular bigger shirts.  Still in my regular scrubs FOR NOW.

Gender:  Will find out Tuesday, February 7th (hopefully, fingers crossed)

Movement: Haven’t felt any movement yet

Sleep: Waking up several times a night to use the bathroom.

What I miss:  Jersey Mikes subs

Cravings: Orange Juice

Symptoms:  Did have nausea every morning until 4 days ago... NO NAUSEA for the past 4 mornings.  WOO HOO!!!

Best Moment this week: Getting through my 1st trimester safe and sound!
             




1 comment:

  1. SO happy for you kids! One more Strickland on the way! Prayers for a smooth pregnancy for you! Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete