About Me

Hello! My name is Rhonda and I am married to a wonderful man, Michael. I can say he is truly my best friend. We were married on April 12, 2008. He has a son (my step-son), Josh who is 15 years old. We are blessed with such wonderful family and friends. We created this blog so that we could post activities and pictures about us. We look forward to sharing these things with you. We had a sweet baby girl, Ella Kate, on June 19, 2012.

Monday, April 16, 2012

27 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:  27 weeks
     
What’s developing:   Ella Kate weighs about 2 pounds this week (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.5 inches long with legs extended.  She is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her little eyes, and maybe even sucking on her fingers/thumb.  She may be having tiny rhythmic movements, the hiccups which are common now.  She has more brain tissue developing making the brain very active.   The lungs are still immature, but they would be capable of functioning if she were born now... with lots of medical help.  

Size of baby:  Ella Kate weighs about the same as a head of cauliflower.



Total Weight Gain/Loss:   Weighed at OB appointment last Tuesday and have gained a total of 13 pounds so far... whew!!! 

Clothes:   Maternity jeans/capris and maternity tops.   Still in my regular scrubs pants, but all wearing maternity tops.

Gender:  It's a GIRL!!!

Movement: She's an active little thing, she moves all the time! :-)

Sleep: Waking 2-3 times per night to use the bathroom.  

What I miss:  Jersey Mikes subs

Cravings:  Chocolate milk and snow cones (I finally found a snow cone).

            



Symptoms:  Heartburn that is relieved by Tums usually.

Best Moment this week:  We went to the OB last Tuesday, 4-10-12 and everything checked out okay.  We did find out that little Ms. Ella is breech as of right now, so we are hoping that she will turn on her own in the coming weeks.  I also had my 1-hour glucose test which I failed and had to do the 3-hour glucose test on Friday.  I am "borderline" for gestational diabetes, but they are not labeling me with it.  They are just going to continue to monitor my urine for glucose.  

We will be taking a little vacation/babymoon to Disney this week so we will post pictures soon!!!  This is much needed time away for both of us.


"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." ~ Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment